Wednesday, April 25, 2012


Apr 19

JOEY

Paintings by:

  • Here to talk about Joey
  • Had his picture on my wall, my one and only
  • It started at school, me pressed up against the bricks
  • In the summer out back, in the sticks
  • The city screamed to us from it’s canyons
  • With its beats and passion and sins
  • We scrawled our names on its walls
  • An ancient city—
  • we moaned our love down its halls
  • We scratched our names in the sand
  • And when we fought I scratched lines in his hand
  • I saved all our memories in my scrapbook
  • Empty pack of cigs, a ticket stub, all ready for one look
  • That day it rained, he came round the same way
  • The clouds crowning down, waiting for our play
  • Oh, yeah and how we had loved minute to minute
  • Never lookin up, not thinkin time would tip it
  • April 27th - May 20th, 2012
  • 566 Johnson (entrance on Stewart)
  • Bushwick, BK
  • Open Sats/Suns 12-6 or by appt.
  • Opening Friday April 27th, 7-10pm
  • B.Y.O.B

No comments:

Post a Comment